Turf King Employee
We are looking for 4 self-motivated, dependable individuals to join our team. You must be a team player, be detail-oriented and have a positive attitude that works well in a very fast paced environment. The successful individual will possess a strong work ethic, with the ability to work independently and have pride in your workmanship.
This is a seasonal, full-time position paying $14 – $17 per hour for 40-45 hours per week. (May include some Saturday work.)
Experience is beneficial but not necessary. We will train the right candidate!
You will be required to:
- Provide on-site customer service – fertilizing, weed control, aerating, etc.
- Complete accurate daily reports
- Work with tight deadlines
- Operate and maintain landscape maintenance equipment (sprayer, duster, pick-up truck)
- Valid G driver’s license must be in good standing. All successful candidates must provide a current driver abstract.
- All successful candidates must provide a criminal record check
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required
- Neat appearance and strong customer service skills
- Must be client focused, personable, customer oriented with an ability to problem solve
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Be familiar with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and the regulations that apply to this work.
- Must provide own transportation to and from the shop. A vehicle for transportation to and from job sites is provided.
- Must be able to perform a combination of sitting and walking as well as frequent bending, twisting, kneeling, crouching and squatting.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks and handle/carry heavy loads (Physically demanding)
- Ability to meet deadlines and maintain meticulous records
- Must be physically capable of performing required duties and must be able to work in all weather conditions (wet/damp/hot/cold)
Please note: You will not be considered for employment if you are not currently authorized to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.